Lean Government, Digital Transformation and e-Government Policy
From your reading of Janssen & Estevez (2013), Mergel, Edelmann & Haug (2019), Janssen & Wimmer (2015) provide some thoughts and insights by answering/discussing the questions below.
The students are encouraged to provide practical examples where needed, to illustrate the point they make.
The questions to answer/discuss:
1. How does lean government (l-government) differs from e-government and transformational government (t-government)?
2. What is the role of technological platforms in l-government?
3. What are the main challenges with l-government in your mind?
4. Provide examples of cases where the principles of l-government have been applied!
5. What is the specifics regarding digital transformation in the public organizations compared to private companies?
6. What are the main challenges with digital transformation in the public organizations in your mind?
7. What did you find interesting and/or surprising in the paper about digital transformation by Mergel, Edelmann & Haug (2019)?
8. What is an e-government policy?
9. In your view, how are ICT changing the policy making process of today and its result?