1. Take a look at Angelo State University comparison chart on K-12 vs. post-secondary services for students with disabilities. Take care to understand the differences between “modifications” (HS) and “accommodations” (post-secondary).http://www.angelo.edu/services/disability-services/how-disability-services-differ-between-high-school-and-college.php

2. Also consider Bellevue College’s list differentiating between IEP/504 K-12 plans and Higher Education, noting especially the differences in modifications to attendance, curriculum, testing, assignments & deadlines, fundamental alterations to course competencies in college. http://www.bellevuecollege.edu/drc/accommodations-differences-from-secondary-school-to-higher-education/

Can you define what a “fundamental alteration” of a course is as it relates to “modifications?” Can you define what “otherwise qualified” is and how accommodations bridge the gap for equal access?